What's the weather gonna be like?
Now what'd I do with my Carnac the Magnificent hat? Honestly, If we captains could predict the weather we'd be making a lot more money than we do fishing!
Here's what I DO know...
- As the day warms up, the trade winds tend to increase.
Consequently, the ocean is often rougher in the afternoons.
- Just because it's raining at your condo/hotel, doesn't mean it's raining off shore.
- Just because it's raining offshore doesn't mean the fish aren't biting.
- The captain gets the last word on weather cancellations.
If you have not been notified of a trip cancellation, assume you're
going and show up at the dock.
- If the captain gives you the "option" of cancelling due to weather,
it's my advice that you take it unless you're a glutton for punishment.
- Your credit card will typically not be charged should a captain cancel
a trip due to weather. If your card was charged 48 hours out, then a
refund will be issued.